Muttukkadu Beach - Tamil Nadu
About 36 km from Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu, Muttukkadu beach is well recognized as a unique blend of rich marine life and historical importance.
Calm backwaters backed by picturesque beauty of the beach are a poet's delight. Naturally formed estuary is a treat to the senses. The place is a reminder of 'Kaveripoompattinam', the legendary submerged city. The man-made backwaters developed by the State Tourism Corporation have turned out well with tourists enjoying water sports activities to their heart’s content.
The major attraction of the place is the windsurfing fest organized annually in early February. Apart from water sport competitions, training programs are held for the amateurs. If you are a handicraft lover, then the Dakshinchitra village near the beach is your destination. The village is widely known for its magnificent handicrafts, ceramics, sculptures, and glass objects. The MGM DIZZEE World amusement park, which is located close by, is a hit with the kids with water sports activities and thrilling rides.
How to reach?
Air: Catch a flight to Chennai. The place has both domestic and international terminals with efficient connectivity.
Rail: The three railway terminals of Chennai are well connected by rail with most major cities throughout the state and beyond.
Road: Either travel by a public transport or hire a private cab. If possible do not take to the roads by yourself as asking for directions might get little complicated due to the language barrier.
Where do I stay?
There are not many hotels and resorts in and around the town of Muttukkadu. MGM Beach Resort is the most famous of the few available accommodations.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...