Elliott Beach - Tamil Nadu
Tired of metropolitan crowd? Want to head to a secluded place for some peace of mind? Elliott beach is the answer. Located 60 km from Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu, this beach is situated south of Chennai's famous Marina Beach.
A paradise for beach lovers, Elliott is a popular hangout (at nights, quite surprisingly given that it is peaceful during the day) with youngsters. So if you are a party animal, head your way to Elliott. There is nothing much to do on the beach, which makes it an ideal spot for long strolls down the shore. Soak your feet in the blue waters of Elliott, probably the cleanest of all beaches in Tamil Nadu and lose yourself in the beauty of mother nature.
The Ashtalakshmi Temple and the Velanganni Church are the most notable architectures near the beach. The Schmidt Memorial, built in dedication to a Dutch sailor known for his life saving act is quite popular with tourists.
Set in tranquility, the beach is better (when it comes to cleanliness) than its more famous contemporary, the Marina Beach. Gorge on sea food and other exotic dishes at a wide range of eateries nearby. With sea waves singing their lullaby in the background, munching never got any better.
Where to stay?
Chennai being a major metropolitan city down south, attracts a lot of crowd throughout the year. The cultural vibrancy of the city, monumental heritages and scenic landscapes are the major reason for tourists visiting the city in large numbers. This can cause a major accommodation issue as most hotels are packed during the seasons, and even off seasons can spring a surprise. So book your hotel reservation prior to avoid rush later. From big hotels to cheap stay in options, Chennai has something for everyone.
How to reach?
Air: Kamraj Domestic airport has regular flights from most Indian cities. Anna International airport is efficiently connected to international destinations like Colombo and Singapore among others.
Rail: All of the Chennai railway stations, i.e the Central, Tambaram and Egmore are well connected to cities across the country.
Road: Tamil Nadu State Transport buses make easy access to the beach. You can also hire private taxis or reach by Deluxe Volvo buses that are regular from nearby cities.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...