Covelong Beach - Tamil Nadu
About Covelong Beach
Tamil Nadu is a famous Indian state popular for its rich culture and exotic locations. The capital city of Tamil Nadu, Chennai has many tourists attractions. People from all over the world come to witness the diverse traditions of this city. Chennai has a long coastline which spans a number of beaches. One such beautiful beach is the Covelong beach.
Covelong beach is located about forty kilometers south from the main city. This beach is an important tourist destination and has historical importance. The area was developed by Carnatic Nawab. Located away from the hustle-bustle of the city, it is perfect for a calm and relaxing weekend.
How Do I Get There?
Airport: Chennai is the nearest airport.
Rail: Another easy way to reach Covelong beach is through metro trains, which cover most of the places in the city.
Road: You can use public transportation or a private vehicle from Chennai to reach Covelong beach. The road network is in good shape and is the most convenient option.
This beach is famous for its peaceful environment and calm atmosphere. The Coromandal coast is considered an ideal location for yoga and meditation.
Covelong beach is home to an old dutch fort, a mosque and an old church. Besides these there are many other historical structures and monuments to visit including various ancient catholic churches.
The peaceful environment is supported by spirituality which makes this beach all the more interesting for people in search of inner peace. The ancient history with an amazing climate is the soul and essence of the entire area.
Covelong is also one of the few places in India where you can enjoy wind surfing.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...