Talasari Beach - Orissa
Given the fact that very few numbers visit Talasari beach as compared to other beaches of Orissa, it would not be wrong to term it as an unexploited natural beauty. At about a distance of 88 kms from Balasore and 4 kms from Chandaneswar, the sparkling waters and white grained sands of Talasari beach are a visual treat. The place is named after the palm trees that line up the shore, 'tala' meaning palm and 'sari' meaning row.
The beach has not much to see and this makes the first impression go wrong. But as time passes by, the tall palm trees and calm and serene environment of this place is likely to get you in the mood.
The shrine of Lord Chandaneshwar, 3 km from here is the most famous of the must -visit places nearby. Digha beach in West Bengal is not too far away from here. Red crabs along the shore are a major attraction here. The best part of this beach is that you would find just sand dunes along the beach with no hotelier, hawker or a bargaining tourist around. The estuary of river Subarnekha from here is a great view.
Where to Stay?
There are not many choices as far as staying options near the beach is concerned. The state run accommodation 'Pantashala' and Hotel Sagar Saikat are the only few ones around.
How to reach?
Rail : About 36 km from the place, Jaleswar is the nearest railway station.
Air : You can also catch a flight to Bhubaneshwar, the closest airport.
Road : Being well connected to other cities of Orissa, Talasari beach is relatively easy to reach. Balasore and Chandaneswar are the major towns nearby.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...