Gopalpur Beach - Orissa
Located about 16-km from Berhampur in Orissa, the Gopalpur beach is one of the most pristine beaches in India. The beach offers tourists a serene and exciting atmosphere at the same time. While those coming here to seek relaxation can just enjoy on the golden sands, water enthusiasts can plunge into the crystal clear waters of the sea for some adventure.
Why gopalpur beach?
Unlike the Puri beach, the Gopalpur beach is a great escape from the world because it is less crowded. Gopalpur beach has the remains of a jetty that stands as an evidence to the once humming commercial activities with Indonesia that happened via the sea. During the pre independence period, the East India Company had built huge storage houses to store rice that came from Rangoon. The beach was a great trading point during all times until the 19th century. It was also a vacation spot for rich Bengali families and the members of the East India Company.
The temple here is an added attraction for the travelers.
How to get there?
By Air: Bhubaneshwar is the nearest airport, which is 186 km away.
By Rail: Berhampur,
The Berhampur station is 16 km away from the beach, well connected with the capital city of Bhubaneshwar and Vizag.
The city of Berhampur is about 16km from the beach, while Bhubaneshwar is about 180 km.
Where to stay?
The peak season is November- January, when accommodations are full, in which case you can book early. During the other months, it is easy to find an accommodation suitable to your budget and needs.
What to carry?
Generally it is advisable to carry accessories which are used while swimming on a beach. Apart from that you can also carry.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...