Silver Beach - Mumbai
Silver beach traces 18-kms to the north of the Mumbai city centre, connected to the Juhu beach on the coast of Arabian sea.
Why Silver Beach?
While Juhu beach is full of fun, excitement, games and people, Silver beach looms as a quieter paradise for those seeking tranquility in the hubbub city Mumbai. Some would like a peaceful stroll along the shores. Tourists who would prefer a quieter hangout can spend quality time in company of cool breezes and the blue waters of the Arabian sea with fewer people around. Silver beach is secluded from the routine rush of the city and lies restfully amidst resiances of renowned personalities. Occasional pedlars selling roasted peanuts, toys, handicrafts etc. on the beach animate the aura. The beach crowd is a mix of foreign tourists and locals enjoying fresh air. Evenings at Silver beach are peaceful in contrast to other beaches like Juhu beach.
After long hours on the beach, step into a welcome café for a brewing cup of coffee. There are many featured hotels offering authentic foods and coffee shops within proximity of the beach. Check out neat coffee shops and laze around poolside at the beach front hotels with a beautiful sea-coast view. A historic curiosity can lead you to Gandhi Gram, near the beach where Mahatma Gandhi lived during his days of practice in the Bombay high court in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Hare Krishna ISKCON complex and ISKCON temple nearby, could be an added religious touch to your visit.
How do I get there?
Silver beach is close to Santacruz and Vile Parle railway stations. It is not far from Mumbai's airports. The beach and is also reachable by autorickshaws, cabs and buses from significant points.
Where do I stay?
Hotels like Sun-n-Sand, Hotel Citizen and other hotels like Centaur and Juhu Hotel can be a refreshing change for tourists who would like to have luxurious breathers.
What do I carry?
Basic amenities like towel, sun tan oil, bathing suits, spare clothes, mats – anything that answers your travel worries.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...