Marine Drive - Mumbai
Proclaimed as one of the most famous seaside promenade in central Mumbai, Marine Drive is a spirited driveway along the shoreline of the Arabian Sea originating from Nariman Point via Chowpatty beach to the foot of Malabar Hill.
Why Marine Drive?
Mumbai has time and again given its dwellers reasons to celebrate and rejoice. Marine drive stretches as far as 2 kms. and engirdles the psyches of each Mumbaikar coating them with an air of sweetness that takes all their worries away. A tired employee zipping past the busy road, a hassled lover, romantic couples, friends, enthusiastic tourists are a mere fraction of the crowd who seek solace in the fresh milieu of Marine Drive. The sight from a distance is as breathtaking as it is just a few steps away. Recently renamed Netaji Shubhash Chandra Bose Road, Marine Drive is nicknamed, the ‘Queen’s Necklace’ as the twinkling lights along the promenade gives a spectacular view to the onlookers. Enjoy while you walk, play or sit on this restless road in Mumbai.
Fragmented with ancient art deco buildings built by affluent Parsees long ago give an artistic look to the place. Marine Drive is Mumbai’s answer is to Miami in US owing to the art deco look and buildings. Starting from Malabar Hill, Marine Drive ends at the classy business hub of Nariman point. Statues of historic personalities like Lokmanya Tilak and Vallabhai Patel are also seen at Marine Drive. Stalls of Bhel-Puri, Kulfi and other food items form an appetizing environment.
How do I get there?
Reach Marine drive by road or railway; it is easily accessible and within comfortable proximity of the city. Local transports such as cabs and buses could lead you by road. The international terminal is at Sahar, which is 32 km north of the city center and the domestic terminal at Santa Cruz is 28 km away. The closest railway stations are Marine Lines and Charni Road.
Where do I stay?
Hotel Marine Plaza and Ambassador are some of the prominent hotels situated near the Marine Drive- Chowpatty Beach.
What do I carry?
Do carry your cameras, handycams to capture some wonderful minutes of the spectacular spot.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...