Tarkarli Beach, Maharahtra
Tarkarli Beach is located a little off the Tarkarli village on the Konkan coasts of India. It is marked by the union of the Karli River with the Arabian Sea. The beach is 546 kms away from Mumbai.
Why Tarkali Beach?
Though far from commercialized, Tarkarli has attracted its share of visitors over the years on account of its clear waters, clean white coat of sand that beds the beaches. Such is the transparency that on a still day with a clear sky, one can treat their eyes to the seabed unto a depth of 20 feet. Beyond the sandy encroachments, a thickness of Shuru trees adorns the landscape.
Tourists can often spot dolphins swimming in the waters here at Tarkarli. The famous naval fort of Sindhudarg built during the reign of Shivaji Maharaj can be spotted distinctly from the Tarkarli beach. The Tarkarli village also plays host to the illustrious fest of Ramnavmi at its Maparush temple every year. Here, you can feast on Malvani delights like Kombadi vada and other fish delicacies. Here tourists can also explore the sea life beneath via water sports like scuba diving and snorkeling. The other tourist spots on your checklist should be the Bhagwati temple, Dharampur Lake, Jay Ganesh Temple, Rameshwar temple, etc.
How do I get there?
For airway preferences, the nearest airport is Dabolim (Goa). The nearest rail junction is Kudal which falls under the Konkan railway. From there on it takes an hour and quarter to reach Malvan by road. Tarkarli is around 8 kms away from Malvan which can be covered on local rickshaws or buses.
Where do I stay?
The primary accommodation facilities here at Tarkarli would be that of MTDC Holiday Resort. It comprises of 20 rooms, a houseboat that are decorated in a Konkan style and a beach front restaurant. They also make provisions for water sports like snorkeling and scuba diving as mentioned above. The other prominent places to put up are Manali Resort, Rosary Paradise, Abhiruchi Resort, etc. It is best if you book rooms well before your stay to avoid the season rush.
What do I carry?
Carry the usual beach essentials.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...