Tanur Beach - Kerala
The ravishing Tanur beach is located 3km away from the Tanur town in Mallampura. It is 36km away from kozikode airport, which is the nearest airport. The nearest railway station is again in Kozikode that is 34kms away.
Why Tanur beach?
This beach has been visited by St. Fracis Xavier in 1546 A.D. From then on this beach has been of historical importance. The beach is known for its oldest fishing grounds and its Portuguese settlement on its shores. The palm trees running along the beach is like natures beach umbrella. Worth exploring the natural beauty, this beach is a treat for the eyes and is completely focussed for nature lovers. On the shores you may find a rustic blend of charms of Kerala-Portuguese lifestyle.
The main attraction of this beach is the Keraladeshpuram Temple dedicated to Vishnu and is one of the oldest Hindu temples. The temple had been ravaged by Tipu Sultan back in the days but has been reconstructed now.
How do I get there?
The closest airport is the Kozikode airport that is 36kms away from the beach. You could take a bus or a taxi to Mallampura. The closest railway station is also is Kozikode and you could take a rickshaw or a bus to the beach in Mallampura.
Where do I stay?
Mallampura has many resorts or motels to stay at, but are limited in number. But the available resorts and motels affordable and also cover all amenities required. You can find hotels from 4-stars to deluxe. Make sure you choose your best stay because days at Tanur are worth being as lifetime memories.
What do I carry?
Swimwear and sun tan/sun screen is a must. Along with that you could also carry some extra money to complete your purpose at the beach, relish on some yum at the food joints on the beach!
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...