Cherai Beach - Kerala
Summers are crawling in. And that one thing we all need to do to keep it fresh even in summers is to plan a perfect beach holiday. It’s time you got your floaters down and explored the summers, embracing its vivid colors and cooling it down with the blue waters. More simply, visit Cherai beach, Kerala for that perfect summer.
Kerela is definitely a paradise for all the beach lovers and boasts of owning the finest and cleanest beaches and backwaters in India. Remember, the proverb, cleanliness is next to godliness? Well, no wonder it is known as 'God's Own Country'.
Located at a distance of 45 kms from Ernakulam city, Cherai Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Kerela. Spanning across a lengthy stretch of 15 kms Cherai beach is also often known as golden beach owing to its gold and sparkling sand.
There are numerous ways available to get to Cherai Beach. By air, the nearest airport would be Cochin International Airport at Nedumbassery, 23km from Cherai.
By Rail, the nearest railway station is at Aluva 23 Km.away from cherai. Kochi hasTwo stations, Ernakulam Junction and Ernakulam Town. Trains from the Northern cities/Southern parts of India stop at Ernakulam Junction.
Ernakulam is about 26 km away from cherai. By road Cherai is just 15 minutes drive from North Paravur (5km).
One can also reach Cherai from Ernakulam by taking a ferry to Vypeen Island which is 22km away (45 minutes by bus) from Cherai or by taking the longer route via Edappally to North Paravur and from there to Cherai, a distance of about 25km.
With the new Goshree Bridge from Ernakulam that stretches out across the backwaters connecting the islands of Bolghatty, Mulavukadu, Vallarpadam and Vypeen, tourist access to this beach has become much easier.
Why Cherai Beach Beach?
This virgin beach is unspoiled and proffers a scenic environment that makes this beach much diverse. Cherai is often called the ‘princess of the queen of the Arabian sea.’ And rightly serves as an option for those who want to be away from the hustle-bustle of the busy life.
It is also surrounded by beautiful cliffs and lovely coconut and palm trees and is coupled with the serene backwaters that gives this entire beach a different dimension
What to do?
The clear water of Cherai not only arouses temptation for swimming but also allows swimming and an array of other water sports for those adrenaline junkies.
Cherai beach is a realdelight for all you foodies, with several restaurants and bars where you can select from a wide variety of international and Indian dishes, including Kerala specialities, all prepared exclusively to cater to your taste buds. A must try would be the local alcoholic drink, toddy, which is made from coconut sap
What to see
If you are in Cherai, the Break-water Point situated at the northern end of Cherai Beach is a must see. Also, you must include the backwaters which are a combination of lakes, lagoons, and canals, Poyil Lake, ASVD Temple / Varaha Temple, Gowreeswara Temple and Pallipuram Church.
Where to stay
Accomodation would never be a problem in Cherai. There are numerous hotels and resorts to choose from in Cherai beach, from luxurious and elegant ones to the value for money ones. To name a few good hotels in Cherai would be Cherai beach resorts, Holiday hotel, Kadalkkara lake resorts, Amaravathy Beach resort, Renaissance Blue waters, etc.
To sum it all up, Cherai Beach is one place that offers you a good package of fun and entertainment when you want to beat the sweat of your summers. Come home to Cherai and experience a soulful and exuberant beach vacation that would definitely go down on the pages of your memory lane.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...