Alappuzha Beach - Kerala
Well known as Venice of India this place is 2hrs away from Kumarakom.
Why Alappuzha Beach?
Alappuzha also known as Alleppey is one of the famous tourist place. Alappuzha is also famous for its boat races, houseboat holidays, beaches, marine products and coir industry. So every visitor can be sure that Alappuzha is the appropriate beach for holiday.
Alappuzha is a district of immense natural beauty. Lagoons and lakes surround this beautiful piece of land, giving its visitor a great feeling of touching heaven. Entertainment facilities at the Vijaya beach park add to the attractions of the beach. There is also an old lighthouse, which is greatly fascinating to visitors. You can also see alappuzha city, Kuttanad, Pathira Manal, Champakulam Church, Ambalappuzha Sree Krishna Temple (15 km south of alappuzha city).
How do I get there?
This beach is well connected by air, rail, road and water. Kochi (Nedumbassery) is the nearest international airport. It’s about 85kms away from Alappuzha city. Trains are available from the major cities. An excellent road network links the district to all major towns and cities in India. Linked by boat service through the backwaters to Kollam (8 Hrs), Changanacherry (3 hrs), Kumarakom (3 hr), Cochin (4 hrs), Kumarakom (2 hrs), Chengannor, etc.
Where do I stay?
Hotels, guesthouses, resorts and five star hotels, you can find everything at Alappuzha city. You will have to stay in Alappuzha city and travel to the beach, which is very near by. You can also book your room from where you can get a view of the beach, which might cost you a little extra. Alleppey Beach Resort, Alleppey Prince Hotel, Anamika The Villa, Cocunut County, etc.
What do I carry?
Do carry handy cam or digital camera to capture the heaven and to refresh your memories time and again.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...