Panambur Beach - Karnataka
About 13 km from Mangalore on NH-17, Panambur is well earned the title of the best beach in Manglaore, thanks to its cleanliness and safety measures. In fact even the government has recognized it and included it among the best beaches to visit in India. Located to the north of river Gurupura, the beach is also known as the land of money, "panam" meaning money and "ur" meaning a place in Tulu, the local langauge.
There is no reason as to why one would not want to visit a beach that is rated amongst the best in India. The pristine surrounding adds awe and charm to the place. One visit to the beach and one is sure to be spellbound by its beauty.
Panambur is famous for camel rides and the awesome views of the sunset. The carnival festival generally held during the summers is a great attraction with the tourists flocking the beach in large numbers. The activities include air shows, sand sculpting competitions and boat races among others. Also the kite festival arranged around the same time is popular with participants from across the world. The Chapel dedicated to St. Aloysius Gonzaga with its magnificent paintings continues to be a long standing attraction for art and architecture lovers.
Where do I stay?
Finding an accommodation here is not a difficult task. Hotels and resorts suited to all budgets are available easily. From expensive luxury suites to cheap single room options, the city of Mangalore has something for all.
How do I reach?
By Road: A wide and efficient road network ensures easy accessibility to the beach. KSRTC, the state run bus service facilitates easy reach to Mangalore which is well connected to Mumbai, Mysore and Goa.
By Train: Mangalore is the closest rail-head and is well connected to most cities across the country (either directly or indirectly).
By Air: Bajpe, about 18 km from Mangalore is the nearest domestic airport. The international airport at Mangalore with regular flights of IA and Jet Airways connects to major international cities.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...