Maravanthe Beach - Karnataka
Kodachadri Hills lined up on one side and the blue waters of the Arabian Sea along the other make for a perfect outing spot. Maravanthe beach, 50 km from the famous town of Udupi is a breathtaking site where the rumbling sea meets tall mountains.
Everyone loves escaping into seclusion once in a while, for a calm and peaceful personal time. This beach offers exactly the same. With hardly any tourists flocking this white sandy beach, it still remains one of the few untouched beaches in Karnataka. Nothing better than visiting a secluded beach to beat the summer heat and get away from the world. May not be the best time to visit as the weather turns pretty hot.
Snorkeling and scuba diving (not for the hydro-phobics) are two water activities that are a must try. Temples on the banks of River Sauparnika, which is close by are quite popular with the tourists. Try your hand at fishing in the nearby village of Kanchugodu.
Where to stay?
There are not many accommodations around. Out of the few, Turtle Bay Beach Resort is the best reviewed of all. Sagar Kinara Beach Resort is another option, but has mixed reviews from the tourists. Asara Holiday Home is the cheapest of the lot with basic amenities covered.
How do I reach?
Air: Catch a flight to Mangalore, which is well connected with both domestic and international flights. From here on, either hop on to a bus or hire a private taxi to reach Maravanthe.
Rail: Kundapur is the nearest railway station. Mangalore, about 100 km, is another option. Public buses and private vehicles ply regularly to the beach.
Road: Wide and efficient road network of Karnataka ensures that reaching Maravanthe from other major cities around is not much of a problem. Close location to NH-17 adds to the ease in reaching the place.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...