Kudle Beach - Karnataka
Kudle beach is no doubt the most pristine and unexplored beach in and around the town of Gokarna in Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka. About 6 km from the town, the way to the beach is simply awesome with rocky mountains on one side and blue waters of the Arabian Sea on the other side, giving it a picturesque appearance.
Though this beach does not have a grand appearance when compared to beaches of Goa or Kerala, the place is a perfect getaway from fast paced city life. The calm and soothing environment with sounds of sparkling water and seagulls for company is unmatched anywhere else. Truly a hippie's paradise with drums and guitars, the place has something mystical about it that makes one coming back for more.
A temple dedicated to Lord Rama is nearby. Try swimming here, only if you are an expert in high waters. The water is treacherous and may too dangerous for amateurs to dive in. You can try trekking in the hills that surround the beach on three sides.
Where do I stay?
Kudle offers a wide range of accommodation options, from luxury suites at the Gokarna International Hotel to cheaper options like bamboo thatched huts lined along the beach. The Spanish Place with its individual cottages is popular with tourists. Shiva Prasad, Namaste Cafe, Om Hotel are some of the other economic accomodations.
How do I reach?
Air: Dabolim in Goa and Hubli in Karnataka are the closest domestic airports. Bengaluru, about 470 km from here is the nearest international airport.
Rail: Though Gokarna has a rail link connected to Madgaon, not all trains halt here. The best option is Ankola, about 20 km from here.
Road: On the NH-17 highway (Mangalore-Goa), turn at the Gokarna cross and drive for another 7km by the hillocks to reach the town of Gokarna. The roads to the town are a bit curvy, so drive with care. The other option is to hop onto Karnataka State transport buses that are regular to the town of Gokarna. All major towns around like Madgaon, Mangalore and Dabolim are well connected to Gokarna.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...