Jampore Beach - Gujrat
When it comes to popular beaches, Goa usually takes the cake. But there are beaches beyond the famous that have what it takes to enchant your mind and Jampore is one of them. Though people crowd the beach on weekends, weekdays are a perfect getaway for sublime solitude. The low current waters make it a perfect for swimming and the sunny sea-side is ideal for sunbathing in the mornings and a peaceful stroll in the evenings.
Located on the western coast of the Indian peninsula, Jampore beach in the Daman territory truly has an irresistible appeal to it. It is no wonder that it attracts large numbers throughout the year.
For the more religious souls there are lot of temples and churches in and around Daman. The remnants of Portuguese colonization are clearly visible with architectural monuments like forts and lighthouses representing historic pride. The markets here are full with buzzing crowds and shopping is highly advised.
Where do I stay?
Daman is fast turning out to be a popular hangout spot for city dwellers, which has given rise to large number of hotels and beach resorts on the scene. Accommodation varies from cheap rooms to deluxe luxury suites. Most hotels are located close to the beach side and offer a spectacular sea view.
How do I get there?
Air: Daman domestic airport has regular flights from Mumbai and Baroda. Mumbai is the closest international airport from Daman.
Rail: Vapi is the closest railhead and is well connected to Mumbai and Surat.
Road: Public transport and luxury bus services from major cities around ensure round the clock accessibility to Daman.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...