Jalandhar Beach - Gujrat
This unknown beauty on the Gujarat coastline lies near Fudam village of Daman and Diu, about 3 kilometres from the Diu territory. As the story goes, the beach was named after Jalandhar, the demon beheaded by Lord Vishnu. Jalandhar is also known as the Chakratirth beach since it is believed that Lord Vishnu left his Sudarshan Chakra on the beach after killing the demon.
Free from hustle-bustle of crowds, Jalandhar beach stills remains unknown in lcoal circles. It would not be wrong to say that it is still a virgin beach, given the small numbers that tread the place. Cool breeze, white sands, chirpy birds and a magnificently sculpted temple nearby makes it a sight to behold. Illumination and beautification works have further enhanced the beauty of this beach that would definitely rejuvenate your spirit.
The Gangeshwar temple dedicated to God Shiva is the most notable architecture located near the seashore. The five shivlingas within the rocks are the highlights of the temple. The faith is that these lingas were built by the Pandavas during exile from their kingdom. It is a delight to watch these rock steady lingas being drenched with waters during high tides. Another temple associated with Goddess Chnadrika is also just around the corner.
How do I get there?
Air: Daman is the closest airport and is well connected to Mumbai and Baroda.
Rail: Vapi is the nearest railway junction at about 12kms from Daman.
Road: Daman is connected to NH-8 and this makes reaching the place relatively easy. Public transport buses plying from Surat and Mumbai are good options apart from private taxis.
Where do I stay?
Daman is one of the most popular destinations in Gujarat, thanks to some spectacular beaches and the fact that it is the only area in Gujrat which permits consumption of alcohol. This in turn reflects on the highly priced hotels in and around Daman.
Most of these hotels are located not far away from the beach. Kohinoor hotel is the only luxury accommodation in the area. Budgetary hotels are located near the town-square and fish market. Kevdi is famous as a camping site with cheap staying options.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...