Diu Beach - Gujrat
It’s Serene, it’s rejuvenating and it’s reviving. Apart from that, it’s just full of surprises.
Diu- a union territory is situated at a distance of 11 kms from Ahmedabad, the capital of Gujrat.
Why Diu out of anywhere else?
Because Diu is beautiful; and you’ve never seen anything that serene, unless you’ve visited Diu.
While in Diu, the Nagoa and the Jallandhar Beach are the two beaches, which are worth a visit. Preceding expectation, the crescent shaped Nagoa is stretched 7kms across the main city which offers a very relaxing and laid back atmosphere to beach goers!
Not forgotten is the Jallandhar Beach which is also frequented by nature lovers!
What not! Seems like there’s antique every where! The Portugese Nagar Seth’s haveli is a huge house with breath taking beauty and serves as a major tourist spot. Old churches with attractive architecture and mind boggling murals are a specialty of Diu and are located quite close to the beaches garnering a lot of tourist attention. The St Francis of Assisi Church which is now converted to a hospital is also worth visiting.
How do I get there?
To get to Diu, there are direct flights that operate from Mumbai. The closest station is the Delwada railway station, which is about 8kms from the main city of Diu.
Where do I stay?
From economical-budget to high-end luxury hotels; in Diu you’ll find an acommodation that fits your wallet!
What do I carry?
If you are planning on spending a lot of time on the beaches it’d be best if you carry some protective gear like hats, sunglasses and sunscreen. Also, don’t forget to carry some extra cash as the platter is delightful!
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...