Dona Paula Beach - Goa
The tranquil beach of Dona Paula Beach is situated at a distance of about 7 kms away from Panaji.
Why Dona Paula?
Named after the then Viceroy of Goa’s daughter Dona Paula de Menezes, Dona Paula beach is associated with a lot of romantic rumors, leading it to be also known as “Lover’s Paradise”. This tranquil beach with its blue waters and the swaying groves of palms and casuarinas adds to the prevalent good mood, making it one of the most popular beaches in Goa.
A hang out for adrenaline junkies! Dona Paula boasts of a wide range of excellent aqua sports facilities, for those craving some serious sporty action! A wide range of water sports such as water-skiing, ski-biscuit, yachting, skibob and para-sailing are available along with fun rides on the motorboats, water scooters and cycle boats etc. Other notable attractions offered by the beach are the Governor’s house known as the Cabo Raj Niwas, The National Oceanography Institute and the Marine Biology Museum.
How do I get there?
Travel is not a problem to Dona Paula as buses are available every 15 minutes from Panaji. Other modes of transport such as Taxis, motorbikes and auto rickshaws are also quite easily available.
Where do I stay?
Accommodation is easy to find at Dona Paula as there are plenty of Villas, hotels, resorts and budget hotels offering accommodation to the visitors! The best places to stay, though would be the Goa Highridge Leisure, Mirabel Resort, Dona Paula Beach Resort and Prainha Cottages.
What do I carry?
If you are going to Dona Paula, then carrying your swim wear is a necessity! Do carry your camera to capture the breathtaking views from the cliff and the beach.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...