Calangute Beach - Goa
Known as the ‘Queen of the beaches’ the Calangute beach is about 15 kms to the north-west of Panaji near Baga Beach.
Calangute beach is a 'complete beach' in the real sense of the word as it offers the beachgoers with plenty of options to enjoy his stay on the beach! You could either let the beach enthrall you with its beauty by just lazing around the beach and acquire an envious tan or you could challenge your adrenaline and take up high rush activities offered by the beach such as water skiing, Para-sailing, wind surfing etc. Plus the beach is also well known for providing tourists with good music and excellent sea-food!
While at Calangute, you must visit the St. Alex Church which stands as a classic specimen of old world architecture and exhibits beautiful towers and colonial domes for appreciation. Another must visit spot while you’re in Calangute is the Kerkar Art Complex which showcases local artworks as well as concerts of Classical Indian music. The beach also offers an array of local shops proffering everything from clothes to decorative articles and jewelry for purchase.
How do I get there?
Calangute is easily accessible and is just about a 10 minutes drive from Mapusa, or you can catch a bus from either Panaji or Mapusa. It takes about 30 minutes from Panaji to Calangute. Bikes, taxis or auto rickshaws can also be hired for commuting to Calangute.
Where do I stay?
From Hotels, guest houses, resorts to five star hotels, you can find everything at Calangute. Hotel Goan Heritage, The Villa Goesa Beach Resort,Falcon Resorts etc are budget hotels offering a good stay if you are not so fussy about your accommodation. So depending on your budget, make your pick- its all there in calangute.
What do I carry?
Beach wear, tanning lotions or sun-screens (as you like it) and some extra cash as there is a lot you can shop and you don’t want to miss out on anything. Just be careful while handling out that cash and make sure you follow the golden rule while shopping- Bargain!
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...