Vijaynagar Beach - Andaman and Nicobar
Vijaynagar Beach is located on the famous Havelock Island which is located about 38 kms from Port Blair. It is popularly known as Beach Number 5.
Why Vijaynagar Beach?
This beach is centrally located on Havelock Island and is known for its shallow waters which are ideal for swimming and observing aquatic life. The beach strip is large and isolated making it a perfect vacation spot for tourists looking for solace.
The beach provides for various water sport activities like Snorkeling, scuba diving and fishing. Authentic sea food cooked in Andaman style is worth a try at Vijaynagar Beach. While here, do take a rickshaw to Elephant beach, which is close by, for a one of a kind Elephant ride on the sands of the beach.
How to get there?
Havelock Islands can be reached via Port Blair. Regular ferries, which are fully air conditioned go straight to Vijaynagar Beach. If you want to visit any other beach on the island first, auto rickshaws at every beach can take you to Vijaynagar.
Where to stay?
There are some very good hotels at Vijaynagar Beach, but some of them are expensive. The good hotels arrange for water sports and other tourist activities. The Cross Bill Beach Resort will be a good stay option, but it would be advisable to book prior to the visit as it is extremely popular.
What to carry?
A camera is a must have as the vast beach surrounded by clear waters, coconut trees and white sands is a treat to the eyes. In case visitors are on medication, it would be ideal to carry the required medicines as the island is isolated and health care facilities are limited. Carry substantial amount of cash as there are hardly any ATM centers at Vijaynagar.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...