Radhanagar Beach - Andaman and Nicobar
Radhanagar Beach is located on the pristine Havelock Island in Andaman and Nicobar. Its official name is Beach Number 7. It is situated 57 km North East of Port Blair.
The scenic hills, palm trees, white sand bays and crystal clear water makes Radhanagar beach a place to die for. Though it is a tourist hotspot, it's vast landscape makes it look practically empty. It is famous for being called as the 'Best Beach in Asia' by Time Magazine in 2004.
The cruise from Port Blair to Radhanagar, which reaches the island early in the morning is a rejuvenating experience in itself! Extremely non- commercial and the lush green jungle trails are a treat for the lens totting traveler.
How to get there?
A fully air conditioned yet affordable cruise from Ramanuja in Port Blair takes you to Havelock Island. Once there, hire a jeep from the many tourist vehicle providers available at the port. The jeeps can take you around the whole island or just Radhanagar depending on your preference.
Where to stay?
There are a limited number of good hotels in Havelock Island and most of them are affordable. The hotels are not very far away from the beach. But due to the scant number of hotels and the popularity of the island, it would be wise to book hotels a month before the trip. Hotel Barefoot and SilverSand Beach resort are well known hotels in the area. Tent facilities are also available on Radhanagar for adventure loving tourists.
What to carry?
Radhanagar beach offers very limited shade and the temperature may soar at times. So make sure you are carrying sun screen. For those who want to stay away from the water but explore the island, hiking boots for Jungle treks are a must.The waters and sand are extremely tempting so an extra bunch of clothes will always help. Finally, if you prefer a quite day, carry an easy chair and a book and let the silence of the sea enthrall you!
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...