Karmatang Beach - Andaman and Nicobar
Karmatang Beach at Andaman and Nicobar Islands is significantly placed in the northern region of the Middle Andaman, 12 kilometers away from Mayabunder. This beach has been nicknamed the 'Turtle's Paradise' of the nation.
The beach has an extensive view that is complemented by the weather and natural beauty that surrounds it. Karmatang beach is best known for its serene appearance. You will also find lush green coastal vegetation that encompasses this sandy beach. Truly one of the finest beaches to unwind.
The steamer ride through the mangrove brooks from Mayabunder is to die for! It does not end there. Other water sports such as scuba diving and snorkeling are bound to send chills down your spine. And let's not forget the amazing marine life out there. Zoologists and nature experts also love to trek around Madhuban and Mount Harriet to explore the forests and wildlife within it.
How to get there?
The beach is 240 kilometers away from Port Blair via road and 136 kilometers via sea. Port Blair is connected to Chennai, Vizag and Kolkata by daily flights. Regular ships also ply between Chennai and Kolkata to Port Blair 3-4 times every week. The beach can also be accessed from Port Blair via the Grand Andaman Trunk Road.
Where to stay?
Accommodation is not an issue as hotels, private cottages, inspection bungalows are up for grabs that with affordable budgets. Comfortable lodging at affordable is also available by The Andaman and Nicobar Administration. There are only a limited number of family vacation beach resorts, hotels, retreats, vacation homes, villas as well as beach houses. But that does suffice. Some renowned names include Hotel Ashna and Guest House at Mayabunder. There are various other guest houses available in Port Blair, Rangat, Havelock, and Diglipur.
What to carry?
The Karmatang beach offers excellent sport activities, so sports equipment is a must. A nature trail from Mt. Harriet to Madhuban is a definite delight. So do not forget to pack your trekking gear. And last but not the least for the adventurer in you, there are beach camps!
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...