Elephant Beach - Andaman & Nicobar
Elephant beach, one of Havelock islands' most prominent beaches has fast gained popularity with tourists, both foreign and indigenous. The two hour ferry ride to the island is itself is a unique experience.
Elephant beach, the untouched sparkling beauty of Andaman and Nicobar islands is undoubtedly a paradise for solace. Though a large portion of this beach got swept away by the tsunami in 2004, the place still has the charm to sweep you off your feet. True to its postcard image, Elephant beach is one place that which will have you coming back for more.
What can I do here?
Swim, sun bathe or simply relax. If you are the adventurous type who loves exploring, there's nothing better than exploring the underwater life. Snorkelling and scuba diving are some of the activities you can try out. The moment one dives in, the wide and magnificent marine life captivates all your senses. Elephant training and swimming in the sea are the USP of this beach. If you are done admiring the exotic beauty of the sands, try some trekking in the forests.
Where do I stay?
If you are a little tight on budget, Bay View Inn, Dolphin Yatri Niwas and Island Vinnies are the ones to check in. Silver Sand beach resort, Symphony Palm beach resort and Sea Shell beach resort are some luxury hotels nearby. Palm thatched huts and shacks by the beach side are the most affordable accommodation options here.
How to reach?
Port Blair is well connected to most metropolitan cities. Regular ferry rides from Port Blair assure easy accessibility to the beach.
What to carry?
Beachwear included, carry a digital camera to capture your favourite moments to cherish forever. Carry a book along if you love reading in tranquil outdoors. You need to have some extra cash by your side as spotting an ATM nearby is a bit difficult.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...