Kanyakumari Beach - Tamil Nadu
A beautiful confluence of 3 water bodies, Kanyakumari beach is a breath taking holiday destination. The scenic view of merging waters of the Arabian Sea, the Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal is a virtual delight. Located at the southern most tip of India, Kanyakumari beach is otherwise known as Cape Comorin.
The overwhelming view of three expansive water bodies is truly mother nature's gift to the place and the reason why tourists flock the beach in large numbers. High water currents and rocky shores makes the beach unfit to sunbathe or splurge in the waters, but the mere view of sun rays painting the sky, with blue waters below make for a picture perfect location.
You can visit the life-like gigantic memorial statues of Swami Vivekananda and Mahatma Gandhi near the beach. Climb the high stairs of the lighthouse to see for yourself a panoramic view, which otherwise is often confined to post cards. The memorial statue of the great Tamil littérateur Thiruvalluvar is a major attraction with the tourists. You would be surprised to know that Tamil Nadu is a state, which proudly boosts memorial statues of every eminent statesman. Children's park near to beach with water games is a perfect hangout for kids.
Where to stay?
A lot of budgetary and luxury hotels have come up in Kanyakumari, thanks to its ever growing popularity. If possible try arranging for accommodation in hotel designed in Dravidian style architecturally. Such places come with Ayurveda, Yoga and meditation centers for a perfect evening of relaxed mind and body.
How to reach?
Air: Though in a different state, Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) is the closest airport from Kanyakumari
Rail: Kanyakumari junction and Thiruvananthapuram Central (Kerala) are the two major railway heads nearby.
Bus: Hop on to a State Transport bus or privately operated luxury buses that connect Kanyakumari to major cities across the country.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...