Ramchandi Beach - Orissa
The beach is a 7 kilometres ride from the widely popular shrine of Konark. It lies at the confluence of River Kusabhadra and the Bay of Bengal. It is home to the Temple of Goddess Ramchandi (the beach is named after the Goddess). Ramchandi beach is one of the least known of the paradises in the coastal belt of Orissa.
Well, why not? The beach has everything to relax the body and calm the soul. A calm, serene environment minus the crowd, wild forests in the background and an amazing picturesque location makes Ramchandi the right place to be when searching for solace.
Mostly visited by locals, Ramchandi is slowly getting popular among curious explorers and sea adventurers. Not much was known about the place until the high tides struck hard and it came to notice.
High tides are another blessing for enthusiasts pursuing sea surfing. Cashing on the popularity of this sport, the Tourism department has roped in experts from across the globe to popularise it further. Meditation has found takers here and it is not uncommon to find meditation sessions combined with surfing, a favourite activity on the beach.
How do I get there?
Bhubaneshwar is the nearest airport and is well connected to most Indian cities. Konark has road links to both Bhubaneswar (65 km) and Puri (35 km). Puri is the nearest railway station and is again a well connected junction.
Where do I stay?
From budget hotels to luxury suites, Ramchandi hosts it all. Cheap ones like Royal Lodge (though the name suggest otherwise) and Travellers Lodge are great options for budget tight travellers. For spendthrifts, Lotus Resort is the place to be.
What do I carry?
All that a beach trip consists of: moisturiser cream, some extra clothes, and a digital camera for capturing your favourite moments. Sea surfing boards and other related stuffs are available on the beach, so be least bothered about it.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...