Konark Beach - Orissa
Situated about 32-km from Puri on Marine Drive, the sprawling beach at Konark is rated as one of the finest in the world. One can enjoy the sea breezed by taking a simple stroll by the beach side. The strolling by the beach side is a pleasant experience. You can also laze around under the sun to enjoy its soothing effects.
Why Konark Beach?
Konark is the location of the Konark Temple which is been referred as one of the finest paradigm of spiritual composition in the world. The Sun God, the temple is worshiped and has been considered a world heritage site. This nice and quiet beach is about 3-km from the temple. The sunrise at konark beach is just marvelous.
Around Konark Beach you will find other exciting places like the Ramachandi temple situated at a distance of 8 km at a place where the river Kushabhadra meets with the sea. Beleswar is popular for the Saiva shrine and the sea beach. Balighai beach and Kurum is known for the excavations relating to Buddhist architecture. One can also enjoy the dance festival held in December view. It has live performances of various traditional dance forms like Odissi, Bharatnatyam,Manipuri, Kathak and Chhow.
How do I get there?
The nearest airport is Bhubaneshwar, 65 km away, which is very well associated to Calcutta, Delhi, Madras and other airports. The city is well connected by rail to Bhubaneshwar and Puri. By road Konark is 65 km from Bhubaneswar and 35 km from the
Where do I stay?
This beach is a famous polace for tourist, and therefore you will easily find accommodation for a night there in various hotels, guest houses, resorts etc.
What do I carry?
Do carry your personal brands of medicine and alcohol as sometimes these might not be available on the beach.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...