Murud Janjira, Maharahtra
The Murud Janjira beach is located 190 km away from the city of Pune and is one popular sojourn. It is situated near the Janjira Fort, a fortress which refused to surrender to the enemy forces for almost 350 years. Located at the foot of the hills this beach has managed to keep the natural beauty and charm alive wrapped in serenity and splendour. The atmosphere of the Murud Janjira Beach is calm and composed, luring the city dwellers to get away from the monotony and stress of daily life. A mere visit to the beach will leave you refreshed and rejuvenated.
Why Murud Janjira beach?
The atmosphere is so calm that you can hear the sound of the waves and the chirping of birds from far away. It is not a crowded beach and you can laze around, taking long walks on the sandy shores. You can explore the surroundings which include Dattatrya temple, Kashid Beach and Nandgaon Beach.
Murud Janjira, a place full of coconut and betel nut trees is situated in Raigad district of Maharashtra. Murud Janjira is known for its mesmerizing destinations and star attractions. It is a small village adorned by marvelous beaches, ancient forts,various churches and temples. The glittering coastline of the sandy Murud Janjira beach makes it a hot spot for tourists.
How to get there?
The best way to reach this beach is by air. The nearest airport is the Mumbai Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport, 165 km from Murud Janjira. You can take tourist taxis from there. You could also take the railway route as Roha railway station on the Konkan line is the nearest. Murud Janjira is well connected to major railheads.
Where do I stay?
Murud Janjira Beach has a host of lovely holiday resorts. You can book yourself in any of the resorts like Golden Swan Beach Resort, Sea Shells Resort, Silver Sand Beach Resort, Sand Piper Resort or Lotus Murud Beach Resort. These resorts are known for their excellent food and hospitality. Travellers are treated royally and given a 24 hour service. They also have high speed internet connectivity for the net addicts, fitness centres for the fitness freaks, doctors on call, natural spas, recreation centres, swimming pools and night clubs.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...