Mandwa Beach, Maharahtra
Located far away form the usual hustle-bustle of the city crowds, Mandwa is among the few untrodden beaches in Maharashtra. About 12 miles to the north of Alibaug, the Mandwa village has long stretches of coconut and palm trees lined up across the shore.
Simply stating, if you are looking for a peaceful and calm paradise for solace, look no further than Mandwa beach. True to its beautiful description, the beach creates an awe the moment one arrives here. Add to it the tranquil atmosphere here and Mandwa becomes an ideal weekend getaway for nature lovers. Woods with variety of flora and fauna are enough to attract people admiring nature's beauty.
The Kolaba Fort is a throwaway distance from the seashore. Chaul, famous for its historic Portuguese ruins is a 15 km ride from Alibaug. The Hamam Khana, temple, a church, Buddhist caves and a synagogue nearby are worth visiting. The breathtaking view of Gateway of India from the beach is simply spectacular. The place is home to farmhouses and bungalows owned by the rich and the famous and is a big attraction with the visitors.
Where do I stay?
Though one can opt for government run hotels and resorts, the private operators are no doubt the big players. Cheulkars My Farm, located near the Mandwa port is one of the best few in the area.
How to reach?
- By air: Mumbai airport is the closest around at a distance of about 140 kms.
- By rail: Panvel on the Konkan route, about 85 km from here is the nearest railway station.
- By sea: Mandwa and Rewas are the closest ports and one can easily hop onto a regular ferry ride from Mumbai.
- By road: Maharashtra state transport buses regularly ply to the place. One can also opt for private buses and taxis.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...