Kunkeshwar Beach, Maharahtra
Pride of the Arabian Sea coast in the Sindhudurg district of the Konkan region, the Kunkeshwar beach still remains untouched by crowds. In addition to the white sand beach, the place is famous for temples and mighty forts nearby.
Being an unexplored beach thanks to some other famous counterparts like Tarkarli and Malvan adds to its magnificent charm. A perfect outdoor location with plenty of coconuts and palm groves lining the seashore, Kunkeshwar looks like something out of a picture postcard. The calm and serene environment of the place makes it a perfect weekend locale for those looking for some peace.
The Kunkeshwar temple dedicated to Lord Shiva on the beach side is a major attraction with the visitors. Also make sure that you don't miss out on the other temples and shrines located nearby. Kunkeshwar is widely known for the delicious Alphonso mangoes which are among the best in the world.
Mangroves resting around deep blue waters are a visual treat. The beach is a true paradise for seafood lovers. Specially the Konkani is worth trying out.
How to reach?
Air: Dabolim(Goa) about 70 km from here is the closest domestic airport. Another nearby domestic airport is Lohegaon (Pune). Mumbai is the closest international airport.
Train: Nandgaon and Kankavli on the Mumbai-Goa railway route are the nearest railway stations.
Bus: Maharashtra state transport buses, which ply regularly to the place are the most popular mode of transport. Private luxury buses from Mumbai and Pune are among other options.
Where do I stay?
Remember Kunkeshwar is devoid of any luxury hotels. But there are many budget hotels lined up. Hotel Parijat, Hotel Alankar and Maharaja lodge are some the better ones. Salvi resort, a km distance from the beach is the best mid priced accommodation here.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...