Kashid Beach, Maharahtra
Kashid beach is one of the those unexplored beauties on the Konkan coastline which has managed to avoid rampant commercialization. About 160 km from Mumbai and closer to Alibaug (about 30 km), this beach is the pride of the Konkan region on the Arabian Sea front.
Its anonymity works in its favour and ranks this virgin beach high on the list of those ready to explore the unexplored. Blue waters, water streams running through the mountains and white sands add to the beauty of the place. Stretching 3 km long, the beach lies amidst hills. It is common to find casuarina groves across the seashore.
High tides makes Kashid beach ideal for surfing. In the monsoons, tides as high as 6-8 feet make it the best time to enjoy surfing here. The place is filled with historical architectures, among which the most prominent is Janjira fort. The strategic location of the fort in the middle of the sea makes it worth visiting.
Ganpati and Birla Temple are quite popular as well. The Nawab's Palace is another favourite with the visitors. Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary, a 10 km ride from the beach is popular with birdwatching enthusiasts.
How to reach?
Airport: Mumbai is the nearest international airport apart from the domestic ones at Pune, Nashik and Diu.
Rail: Roha junction on the Konkan Railway, about 120 km from Kashid is the closest railway station. Roha is connected to most junctions across the nation and eases out travel worries.
Road: State transport buses and private taxis regularly ply to the place. Mumbai and Pune are the two closest cities.
Where do I stay?
Both budget and luxury accommodation is easy to find here. Hotel Ramakant has the best value for money while Kashid beach resort has the best luxury suites. Hotel Sai Palace is another popular place for over-nights stays.
What do I carry?
There are too many places to visit in and around Kashid. Make sure that you have comfortable clothes for the beach and enough time as well as money to visit them all.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...