Juhu Beach - Mumbai
Juhu beach is situated 18-kms north of the city centre on the coast of Arabian sea. Juhu Beach stretches 6 kms up north in Juhu-Vile Parle area of western suburbs in Mumbai.
Why Juhu Beach?
The happiness of every common and eminent Mumbaikar, Juhu beach is an alluring picnic spot located in Juhu suburb in Mumbai surrounded by the bewitching Arabian sea. Although weekdays are slightly gloomy, during weekends the beach is swarmed with huge crowds who are out there to breathe life. Evenings are lively with loud and colorful lights, children excited to the gills, hawkers selling roasted peanuts, pony riders, Ferris-wheels, merry-go-rounds, horses, donkey's and camels, people playing frisbees and beach cricket. Some prefer a peaceful stroll along the shores. Whatever the reason of visit; one thing that goes unskipped are the delicious delicacies like Bhel-Puri, Kulfi, Chaat etc. scooped out outside the beach. Hawkers wander about publicizing their handicrafts like T-shirts and cute little Indian dolls emanated from seashells.
The enchanting beauty of Juhu beach has been an excellent backdrop for eminent filmmakers who execute shoots. . Film personalities have also found their abode in Juhu around Juhu beach, deemed as one of the plushest localities in Mumbai. The sunset experience is the most wonderful experience at Juhu beach that many tourists are eager about. Last but not the least, to soothe all your taste buds, there are many authentic seafood restaurants, pizza joints, exclusive vegetarian restaurants, ice-cream parlours, south Indian restaurants, Italian speciality restaurant, etc. in vicinity of Juhu Beach.
How do I get there?
Three main entrances lead to Juhu Beach – one from the VileParle side, other from the Santacruz side and the last from the Andheri side. The nearest railway stations are Santacruz and Vile Parle. Juhu is 20-25km north of the city centre, not far from Mumbai's airports. Opt for railway and catch a suburban train from Churchgate or VT using the Harbour Line to Santa Cruz or Vile Parle railway station. The beach is 3 Kms From Vile Parle Railway Station and is reachable by autorickshaws, cabs and buses. BEST and private buses are available from almost all the important points in the city.
Where do I stay?
Sun-n-Sand and Hotel Citizen near Juhu beach host some well-furnished, cozy and luxurious rooms for tourists. On the southern end of the Juhu beach one can put up at Luxury hotels like Juhu Hotel and the famed J.W. Marriott hotel, a popular venue for most of the celebrity and corporate get-togethers.
What do I carry?
No hard and fast rules. Carry games if visiting in groups to add to the fun or sun tan oil for day-time visit. And not to forget sufficient cash to not miss the delights of this wonderful beach!
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...