Bassein Beach- Mumbai
Baseein is placed 77 km north of the city centre on the coast of the Arabian Sea. This serene beach spot falls in the Thane district. The city of Baasein- Vasai (Bacaim) is lies on the north bank of Vasai Creek, at the mouth of Ulhas River. This strategic location made it strong defence position for the Portuguese against the Marathas. In time, it has turned into an interesting place of history.
Bassein beach needs to be paid a visit for a very simple reason. It is the ideal way to get away from the grind of big city life. Here, you can unwind among swaying palm trees or take an invigorating walk on the soft sand. The beautiful vistas are bound to make you happy. The beach is also a popular picnic spot among residents. This makes it a great place to mix with the locals and share a few laughs.
The ruins of the Portuguese Fort, where the Marathas besieged the Portuguese in 1739, are worth checking out. Another nice place is the village of Nalasopara that lies around 10 km to the north- west and is home to some beautiful Buddhist relics. Other great sight seeing places are Vajreshwari Temple, Akloli hot springs, Sadguru Nityanand Maharaj Samadhi Mandir at Ganeshpuri and Bhimeshwar Temple.
How do I get there?
Bassein is reachable from Vasai Road station on the Western Railway. For those coming from the central railway or harbor line, board the train from Dadar.
Where do I stay?
The West Palm Beach Resort is a neat place to stay for a weekend/vacation getaway. It offers cozy rooms and modern facilities.
What do I carry?
A handy cam is must-bring to capture not only the scenic beauty of the island but also your fun filled moments.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...