Varkala Beach - Kerala
The quiet and sandy beach of Varkala is situated at a distance of 37 kms from Kollam and 54 kilometers from Thiruvananthapuram.
Why Varkala Beach?
Varkala beach is a quiet beach isolated from the main stream which offers a cool and laid back atmosphere to its visitors all round the year! With cliffs jutting out onto the Arabian Sea the beach offers mesmerizing views to beach goers. Winters are a complete pleasure in Varkala where you can enjoy the beach with a cool breeze giving you ample company.
Varkala beach has a lot to offer to the visitor who’s looking at more than just a beach experience! Apart from the beautiful scenery that Varkala offers, it is also famous for its mineral springs which are known to have healing powers. It also houses the Janardana Swamy Temple, which is about two thousand years old and is a must visit location along with the Nature centre whenever you are on a tour of the beach. Varkala is also well known for the aromatherapy and amazing massages offered.
How do I get there?
Varkala is connected to the the nearest international airport at Thiruvananthapuram by domestic and international flights. The beach is also well connected by road; with Kollam being the nearest railway station to it.
Where do I stay?
If you are planning on staying at the beach, you can reside at the few hotels on the beach. But it is advisable to stay at Kollam as it has a wider choice to offer in terms of accommodation.
What do I carry?
Beachwear and Sunscreen lotion are must if you’re planning on visiting Varkala Beach.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...