Kovalam Beach - Kerala
Situated at a distance of 16kms from the south of Trivandrum city, Kovalam is a place to wander.
Why Kovalam Beach?
The beautiful rocky beach has been a famous tourist spot since the late 1930’s. The golden sand with stretches of coconut trees makes the beach a favorite with the wayfarer. You can pamper your body with treatment from the Ayurvedic parlors, meditation and yoga centers which are scattered all over the beach. You can also tune your feet to the traditional kathakali dances, performed by the local artists every evening.
A huge sandy expanse flanked by greenery and calm blue waters spells heaven; Kovalam beach offers you a piece of heaven in god’s own country! Divided in three sections namely Lighthouse beach, which has a beautiful lighthouse offering a stunning view of the Arabian Sea; Hawah beach and the Samudra beach, where the only sight is the local fishermen plying their trade. So, choose your spot!
How do I get there?
To enjoy a holiday in Kovalam you could take direct buses plying from Thiruvananthapuram to Kovalam. Other locations offering bus service to Kovalam are Ernakulam, Kanyakumari via Periyar. If roads aren’t your thing, you could also take a flight to Kovalam from the Thiruvananthapuram International Airport
Where do I stay?
At Kovalam, places to stay are umpteen. If you are the one who likes to dip in luxury, there are up market resorts that’ll certainly fit the bill. And if you are the person who likes to travel more than stay indoors there are economical hotels that are both good and pocket friendly.
I must carry?
Beachwear, Sunscreen lotion and cameras are a must if you’re visiting Kovalam. Do carry some extra cash to the beach for shopping as there are handicrafts, jewellery, and clothes shops all over to drive you bananas.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...