Ullal Beach - Karnataka
About 12 km from Mangalore, the small town of Ullal boasts an anonymous beach which commands awe the moment one lands here. Bordering the states of Karnataka and Kerala, Ullal truly reflects the Portuguese touch.
If you wish to go down memory lane and feel what it would have been to live in the 15th century when the Portuguese ruled in Western India, head to Ullal, probably one of the oldest colonial Indian towns. The remains of the glorious past are visible around the Ullal beach. The exemplary view of the Arabian Sea coupled with neat shores and vitreous sun reflections are the highlights of Ullal beach.
Try your hand at fishing with the local fishermen. For the ones with religious inclination, St. Sebastian Church and the temple of Somanatheshwara are a visual treat. Do not miss out on dargah dedicated to Syaed Mohammed Madani. The soothing music of sufi singers would surely glide you into a heavenly state. The ruins of Queen Abbakka's Fort are still a major attraction.
Where to stay?
Summer Sands Beach Resort, the closest to the beach is quite popular with tourists. The amenities provided here are close to international standards. The Gateway Hotel, about 7 km from the beach ranks high among the ratings as well. Cheaper cottages assure that financial constraints do not deprive you of a great stay and sound sleep.
How to reach?
Air: Bajpe airport (Mangalore) is the closest to Ullal.
Rail: Regular train services from Mangalore (connected to major cities across the country) makes easy access to Ullal.
Road: Being close to the NH - 17 Ullal is connected to major cities like Mangalore and Bangalore
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...