Vegator Beach - Goa
Vagator Beach is located about 25 Kms from Panaji. It is to the north of Anjuna Beach.
Why Vagator Beach?
Vagator beach is one of the less crowded Goa Beach. Vagator is amongst the many beautiful beaches Goa is famous for. It’s not much frequented by tourists like the Miramar or Calangute beach. The beach is quiet and calm. You can spend time walking on the soft and white sand beneath your feet and enjoy the old world charm of this beach.
Vagator is the place to enjoy nature. There are vast stretches of coconut trees along the beachside. There are a few villages nearby in Chapora where you can get a feel of the rural Goa. The fishing community is very friendly and helpful. Vagator is also known for its night beach parties like the ones at the Anjuna Beach. One can even visit the Chapora Fort nearby. The Fort gives an amazing view of the Goan Coastline and the Arabian Sea. The sunset from the fort is an unforgettable sight.
How do I get there?
To reach Vagator, you can catch a bus from Panaji or Margao. Motorbikes, auto rickshaws and taxis can also be hired. Vagator is about an hours drive from Panaji.
Where do I stay?
Accommodation at Vagator Beach is limited. The Sterling Vagator Beach Resort, The Royal Resort, Green Peace and Palm Grove etc. offer good accommodation. The guest houses and restaurants are usually booked for long periods. A better idea would be to find accommodation somewhere else and visit Vagator.
What do I carry?
Beach slippers for the long walks. Camera to capture the amazing scenery, village life and view from the Fort Chapora.
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...