Anjuna Beach - Goa
The “raving” beach of Anjuna is situated about 8 kms away from Mapusa, between Baga beach and Vagator beach.
If Life’s a journey for you! Let Anjuna Beach be the motel then. Enclosed in soft sandy confines with foamy waves lapping at your feet, Anjuna Beach with its stunning natural beauty and the prevalent Hippie culture invariably bring out the party mood in you. Known world over for its wild rave parties and trance infused atmosphere, Anjuna is a hippie haven who flock to the beach in hordes almost everyday of the year. The parties held around New Year’s and Christmas with the backdrop of the full-moon are amongst the most attended one’s, turning the beach into one giant party floor! So, a full-moon party anyone?
Tired of partying? Worry not as Anjuna Beach offers much more than just strong psychedelic parties. Check out its colorful Flea Market every Wednesday where you’ll be able to buy everything from rugs to handkerchiefs and is a must visit! You could also visit the Albuquerque Mansion built in the 1920’s or the Chapora Fort and the Mascarenhas Mansions for fusing some vintage feel in your trip. Not enough? Okay, here’s more. Anjuna offers a myriad option to beach goers in terms of activities. In fact, one could even ride an elephant or meet a snake charmer that’ll add an exotic extension to your experience!
How do I get there?
To get to Anjuna one has to travel to Mapusa which is the nearest town about 8 kms from Anjuna. Buses are available after every few minutes from Panaji and Mapusa. You can take a taxi or hire a motorbike, which seems to be most appealing to the crowd, to reach to Anjuna.
Where do I stay?
Anjuna Beach offers many Budget hotels, guest houses and even shacks to choose from. The Tamarind Lodge and The Anjuna Beach Resort are two of the best places to stay while in Anjuna, if you are not too worried about budget.
What do I carry?
While in Anjuna, one shouldn’t carry much except beach wear, tanning lotions and lots of extra cash. Keeping your hands free would be good advice for all the shopping you’re going to do. Of course heavy bargaining is advisable!
- Travelling to Lakshadweep
- For travelers who love to bask in the sun on vast beaches, Lakshadweep is the perfect destination to visit. The clean ...
- Never been to Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
- Everyone deserves a break from work, studies and other reasons to list. But as always we end up going to popular ...
- Reaching the Sunburn Venue
- The Sunburn festival is one of the most popular beach parties in India. Tourists from all over the world come to Goa to ...
- J.W. Marriott
- Planning to spend a luxurious time in Mumbai where you can wake up in spacious rooms and enjoy an enchanting ...
- Taj Lands End
- Located near one of the cleanest beaches of the city, the TheTaj Lands End, Bandra is one of the finest picks ...
- If you head off on a vacation to Alibaug looking for peace and tranquility, the Radisson Resort & Spa in ...
- Situated opposite the Hillwood School, the Cambay Hotel is sprawled across 25 acres of land in the capital city of ...
- Taj Lake Palace-Udaipur
- Ever felt like living that fairytale honeymoon fit for Kings and Queens? Then you surely need to visit the Taj Lake ...